- Category: Social Networking
- Released date: 03/03/2009
- Current Version: 4.5.2
- Seller: AOL, Inc.
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 8509075
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: All
Simplify. We're making it easier to stay in touch with all your friends – regardless if they're on Facebook or Google Talk, just tap and chat. We've also replaced the Contacts tab with type down search. When sending a new IM, just start typing and we'll find all your contacts on your iPhone. Lifestream will let you post your status to Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and Lifestream with one tap. Now chatting with your Facebook or GTalk friends is as easy as using AIM.
• Chat directly with your Facebook and Google Talk friends
• Ad Free! (The FREE ad supported version of AIM has the red icon)
• Send FREE* text messages from AIM, just type in your friend's phone number!
• Update your status on Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and Lifestream with just one tap
• Add a location to your AIM status and check in simultaneously with foursquare (add foursquare to your Lifestream Settings in Preferences)
• All your Facebook friends and groups will be available in your Buddy List
• When sending a new IM, type down search will now find contacts in real time!
• Post your photos to your Lifestream (up to 40 at one time) or comment on your Buddy’s photo or status
• Send and receive messages over Wi-Fi, EDGE, or 3G networks*
• See who's available before you contact them
• Configure multiple screen names and switch between identities any time
• Send IMs and SMS text messages* – even from an iPod touch
• Take pictures with the built-in camera to use as your Buddy icon
• Manage your Buddy List®, Buddy groups or add a new Buddy anytime. Your changes are automatically synced with AIM on Windows or Mac®
It's easy to get started. Just sign in using your existing AOL/AIM, Facebook, .Mac or MobileMe name, or register for a free screen name right from your device.
Any service can send messages. But with AIM, you're really connected.
* iPod touch only supports Wi-Fi; SMS notifications require an iPhone with a wireless data plan and charges from your wireless carrier may apply. SMS features are not available in all countries