- Category: Reference
- Released date: 07/24/2009
- Current Version: 2.02
- Seller: Double Dog Studios
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 53786236
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: All
Hundreds of pages of boating information on your iPhone,iPod Touch or iPad! The Boater’s Pocket Reference caters to all levels of boating expertise with a wide variety of content including 457 illustrations, 94 photographs and a myriad of charts and graphs. Boater’s Pocket Reference is a popular and useful printed book and the app is even better.
Handy, Fact-Filled Boating Guide
Boater’s Pocket Reference offers handy, how-to-do-it information and reference facts, figures, formulas, graphs, and tables about boating.
Who needs this book?
New boaters: This app provides an extensive introduction to all aspects of boating.
Experienced boaters: A great reference and memory jogger.
Everyone who wants to make their boating safer and more enjoyable.
Version 1.1 includes a new full-text search. Full-text search makes is quick and easy to find the information you need.
* Piloting and Navigation—including the use of charts, GPS, radar, and sonar.
* Communications—VHF, SSB, satellite.
* U.S. and Canadian Coast Guard boating regulations
* International, U.S., and Canadian Navigation Rules (Rules of the Road)
* Understanding aids to navigation
* Understanding weather—air movement, fronts, clouds, weather maps.
* Boat types, design, and construction as well as boating terminology
* The essentials of good seamanship—the basics of operating a boat.
* Marlinespike seamanship—lines and knots—including 50 different knots.
* Mechanical—engines and propellers.
* Electrical—circuits, DC and AC wiring, batteries, chargers, inverters, lightning.
* Boat trailering tips, techniques, maintenance, wiring.
* General reference tables—time zones, holidays, weight and volume of liquids, and more.
* Extensive unit conversion tables
* Boating resources—organizations, phone numbers, web sites, including Coast Guard and Power Squadron.
* Glossary of marine terminology.
No boater can afford to be without this valuable and handy guide.
About the Author
Thomas McEwen is an avid boater and former mining engineer. Tom is also a member of the Boulder Valley Sail and Power Squadron in Colorado.
You might also be interested in our other boating apps:
- Navigation Rules
- Boating Calcs
- Coastal Navigation 5
- Ship Captain's Medical Guide