- Category: Business
- Released date: 10/30/2009
- Current Version: 2.0.1
- Seller: SHAPE Services GmbH
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 18689219
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: All
From the developer of IM+. Featured in iPhone TV commercials.
Instant business card recognition right on the iPhone. Import contact information from a business card directly to your iPhone address book. LinkedIn integration.
★If you're a mobile networker, this is an app you'll definitely like.★
★Business Card Reader for iPhone is way better than the alternative. It's not free, but it'll easily pay for itself after your next new business card.★
★The best text scanning app yet.★
Business Card Reader is an excellent tool for business people, exhibitors at trade shows, expo attendees and sales staff -- anyone who networks regularly!
No need to manually enter contact information -- Business Card Reader provides a time and cost-efficient way to enter and organize important contacts.
Recognizes business cards in English, French, German, Spanish, Danish, Dutch, Greek, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish, Turkish, Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
Business Card Reader takes a picture of a business card, 'reads' it using text recognition technology and automatically fills in appropriate contact information fields in the iPhone address book, which can be easily checked and corrected.
✓ Accurate recognition of business cards with multi-language support
✓ Smart contact field filling: emails, phone numbers, websites
✓ Business Card Holder allows you to search and sort contacts, e-mail and call contacts directly.
✓ Anti-shake image capture
✓ LinkedIn support. Find the scanned contact with LinkedIn search and view the LinkedIn profile in the built-in browser without leaving the Business Card Reader app.
HOW TO GET GOOD RECOGNITION RESULTS
1. Place the business card on a flat surface.
2. Good lighting is key: bright desk lamp or direct sunlight are necessary.
3. With the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4, make sure the camera is focused on the business card. Older models of iPhone require additional third-party macro lenses.
4. Hold the iPhone right above the card. Keep the card aligned with the viewfinder edges and adjust iPhone positioning so that the card fits the screen size.
5. Tap the screen to take the picture.
6. After the recognition is done, you can check the results.
7. Tap Save to add the contact into your iPhone address book.
• iOS 4
• Works best on iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4
• For older iPhone models you may need additional gadgets, such as Griffin Clarifi case with macro lens to improve the quality of close-up pictures.
• On iPad and iPod Touch the app can be used to recognize business cards from images saved in the photo library.
Other apps by SHAPE Services: IM+, IM+ Talk, iDisplay, Barcode Reader, Smart Scanner, RDM+, Mobiscope, GPSed and Headset.