- Category: Healthcare & Fitness
- Released date: 04/17/2010
- Current Version: 2.2
- Seller: About, Inc
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 7427106
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: All
Calorie Count's app is a free dieting tool that allows iPhone and iPod touch users to search and log nutritional data for over 250,000 foods, popular exercises and healthy recipes, as well as track their weight loss, all while on the go. The Calorie Count app serves as an extension to CalorieCount.com, an award-winning free online dieting service with almost 3 million members.
The concept behind Calorie Count is to help people lose weight by providing a comprehensive calorie counter and nutritional analysis. CalorieCount.com is well-known for its supportive and vibrant community and numerous social features, including forums, groups, journals, and Facebook Connect integration.
The Calorie Count app features a unique library of more than 150 healthy recipes from About.com, selected by Calorie Count's Registered Dietician, Mary Hartley. This recipe library also allows users to browse and select healthy recipes based on course, food group and dietary considerations, and is meant to serve as a starting point for anyone looking for inspiration to help improve their eating habits.
Key features of the Calorie Count app include:
- An easy-to-use graphical dashboard that allows you to navigate through the app while being able to quickly visualize your dieting progress.
- One of the most comprehensive nutritional analyses of food consumption against daily targets among calorie counting iPhone apps.
- The ability to quickly search and log more than 250,000 food items.
- Tools to view current and past food, activity and weight logs.
- Compare your intake and daily burn expenditure using our net calorie gauge
- Browse more than 150 low-calorie and healthy recipes from About.com (www.about.com), selected by Calorie Count's Registered Dietitian, Mary Hartley. This interface allows you to select recipes based on course, food group and dietary considerations.
- Access to Calorie Count's daily blog (www.caloriecount.com/blog) to help you stay motivated and informed.
- The ability to record daily weight and view charts to measure your body's progress against weight loss goals.
- Your CalorieCount Member account will be automatically updated whether you log information through a computer or the iPhone app.
- When you don't have an Internet connection, you can still view recent logs, view and re-log favorites, and input your weight.
- Support for English and Metric units.
Calorie Count has been featured in:
- The Today show
- The Wall Street Journal
- Marie Claire
- All You Magazine
- People Magazine
- In Touch Weekly
- Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch.
- Requires iPhone OS 2.0 or later
- Data connection required for account syncing, searching, and logging
- Languages - English
Learn more at: http://www.caloriecount.com/mobile