- Category: Navigation
- Released date: 12/17/2009
- Current Version: 2.1.1
- Seller: Jared Egan
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 3240564
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: All
Note: This app only has coverage for 2 bus systems:
- The MBTA of Boston, MA
- The MUNI of San Francisco, CA
For more information, see below.**
Also note: There is an issue with saving a stop that services multiple routes, where you can only save it for one of those routes. We are aware of the issue and will fix it in the next update. This level of complexity wasn't present until the 100+ latest Boston routes got turned on. Thank you for your patience.
Don't rely on bus schedules! "Catch The Bus" makes use of GPS trackers on each bus to give you an accurate prediction for when the next bus will arrive at your stop. Its simple and intuitive interface will get you the information you need fast.
* Has complete coverage for all routes in SF Muni & Boston's MBTA.
* Tells you when your bus will be at your stop, using GPS trackers on each bus.
* Save your favorite or most frequent bus stops to "My Stops" for easy access
* Search for bus stops on a Google Map view, which will display your current location alongside the stops. Making it very easy to find your stop.
**Notes on supported locations:
This app currently only supplies data for Boston and San Francisco. This has always been in the application description, and the description has never been misleading or inaccurate.
The location data used to support this feed is provided by equipment on the MBTA’s buses manufactured by Trapeze ITS U.S.A., LLC. The real-time predictions and the XML feed itself are provided by NextBus Inc. San Francisco also has similar data available. While I would love to come to your town and install GPS units on all of your buses, I simply don't have the resources to make that happen.
What you could do if you'd like your city to have data to make apps like this possible, is to contact someone in your local transit authority, and point them towards this app, showing your support for open data & innovation.