- Category: Business
- Released date: 12/03/2010
- Current Version: 8.1.2
- Seller: Cisco
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 11352472
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: iPhone4, All, iPad23G, iPad3G, iPodTouchFourthGen, iPhone3GS, iPodTouchThirdGen, iPad2Wifi, iPadWifi
IMPORTANT: Cisco Mobile 8.1 supports multitasking. It requires Apple iOS 4.2 or later and is supported on the following Apple handsets: iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, 3rd and 4th Generation iPod touch, and iPad. If you use an iPhone 3G, please download Cisco Mobile 8.0 instead.
IMPORTANT: This application requires connectivity to Cisco Unified Communications Manager™ and will not work without it. If you are unsure if your company provides access to this service, please contact your IT department. You will not be able to use this application without an account with this service. Also, in order to support the multitasking functionality of this release, upgrades are required to Cisco Unified Communications Manager™. If you previously used Cisco Mobile 8.0, please check with your administrator to ensure that the infrastructure has been upgraded and is ready for Cisco Mobile 8.1 before downloading and using this application.
Administrators: Licensing is required for Cisco Mobile 8.1. Please refer to the Cisco Mobile 8.1 data sheet on www.cisco.com for details.
By using this application you agree with the terms of the accompanying end user license agreement (EULA).
Cisco Mobile 8.1 turns your iPhone into a full-featured Cisco Unified IP Phone, allowing you to place, receive, and manage calls using your workplace's telephony infrastructure. You can place and receive calls using your work phone number, and make calls over a Wi-Fi network to save on roaming charges and mobile minutes while receiving better in-building network coverage. With Apple iOS 4, Cisco Mobile 8.1 can run in the background so you are always ready to make or receive calls over an available wireless network.
- Place & receive calls over your wireless LAN at work
- Place & receive calls over VPN using your home Wi-Fi network, hotspots, hotel rooms – wherever you have access to a strong Wi-Fi network
- Handoff calls to the mobile network as you leave Wi-Fi coverage
- Access call features such as conference, hold and resume, and transfer
- View and listen to your office voice messages (optional feature)
- Access your co-workers in your corporate directory (optional feature)
- Call your co-workers simply by saying their name using voice dialing (optional feature)
Deployment information for System Administrators can be found at: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7271/tsd_products_support_series_home.html
Cisco, Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Mobile 8.1 are trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. Copyright © 2011 Cisco Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.