- Category: Medical
- Released date: 01/05/2011
- Current Version: 5.0
- Seller: Peakview Software LLC
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 1203760
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: All
EMT Academy is a complete training guide for EMT-Basic level EMS personnel. This is an excellent tool to help you pass your initial certification exam with flying colors, or to refresh and keep your skills sharp long after you become certified.
Written in the style of the NREMT-B certification exam using scenario-based questions based on latest 2011 EMS material.
The ORIGINAL EMT tutor application -- don't be fooled by flashy copy-cat apps. One purchase gets you both the iPhone/iPod version plus iPad version which uses full screen. There are no in-app purchases required to unlock additional features.
This quiz provides the highest quality test questions you will find. We believe in quality over quantity, yet we still provide OVER 900 MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS, with explanations, divided into these chapters:
Intro to EMT-B
The Human Body
Vitals and SAMPLE
Lifting and Moving
The Acute Abdomen
Substance Abuse & Poisoning
Obstetrics and GYN
Kinematics of Trauma
Bleeding and Shock
Eye, Face, and Throat
Head & Spine Injuries
Track your scores and progress along the way. We also provide over 300 "electronic flashcards" for another method of learning.
THAT'S OVER 1200 EMT QUESTIONS! But that's not all. We also include the EMS Toolkit, which many people find even more valuable than the review questions. Here's what you get in the EMS Toolkit:
• EMS Scenarios - Practice in pairs or small groups with these step by step, ready made scenarios.
• CPR Reference - Updated for latest AHA guidelines, we provide a reference to the proper steps in CPR, test questions to prepare you for your annual recert, and even a audio metronome that tells you the proper cadence for compressions.
• Documentation Guide - Things to consider and document for most common emergencies. Also, a quick reference to those acronyms like OQPRST and DCAP/BTLS.
• NREMT-B Skills Checklists - Practical exam checklists for common EMT-B skills so you can make sure you perform every step properly:
Airway Adjuncts, Bag Valve Mask, Control Bleeding, CPR and AED, Immobilize Joint, Immobilize Long Bone, Traction Splint, Ventilation, Administer Oxygen, Assess Medial Patient, Assess Trauma Patient, Spinal Seated, Spinal Supine, Dual Lumen Device
• EMT-B Skills Guides - We've also added "how-to" guides on how to perform key EMT skills:
Taking Blood Pressure, EpiPen, Oral Glucose, Nasal Airway, Oral Airway, Suction.
• NREMT-B Recertification - This tells you what you need to do to recert (number of hours, categories, etc.)
• START Triage Quiz - Another bonus quiz covering the START system
• Hazmat Response Quiz - Another bonus quiz on how to deal with hazmat incidents (for EMS personnel)
NOTE: If you think you've found a typo or inaccurate question, please report this immediately and we will investigate. All known problems will be immediately corrected. We've done 7 updates in 2011 so you can rest assured that quality is the number one concern! Since this app may be newer than your text book, you may find some discrepancies (for example, CPR guidelines have changed). Remember, this is a study guide, not a reference book. The purpose is to help you learn and remember, it is not a substitute for an instructor.