- Category: Medical
- Released date: 11/01/2010
- Current Version: 2.0
- Seller: Smarty Ears, LLC
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 37408357
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: All
Expressive was featured on the " Austism Hangout" Podcast and the "TUAW.COM" as an app that is helping children with special needs to communicate and learn.
Expressive is an entry to mid level, easy to use, and powerful app that allows children and adults with a speech impairment or a communication disorder to express their wants and needs through the use of pictures. It does not matter if an individual is having difficulty communicating due to autism, apraxia, stroke or any other communication disorder, Expressive will give that person the ability to express themselves through the use of pictured images and corresponding audio.
The best thing about Expressive is its ease of use. It does not require any knowledge about programming or manuals; Expressive is intuitive and simple to use.
Flexible and intuitive customization within Expressive allows users to select from a pool of images with audio files, create their own folders and arrange the images as they please.
If you have a family member that has lost the ability to express themselves(even if just temporarily due to a surgery, accident or aphasia) Expressive will give them back the ability to communicate and express their basic needs.
Expressive is compatible with the iPhone, iPod touch, and the iPad.
Expressive contains male and female voice audio.
Version 2.0 of Expressive contains the following upgrades:
- Ability to add your own images to the library;
- Change background color of folders;
- Record your own audio to your images;
- Hide delete and add image buttons to avoid accidents;
- Search button to find images quickly.
- Completely redesigned graphics
- Optimized audio
- Supports landscape and portrait mode
- Support re-arranging tittles
- Total of 600 vocabulary pictures
- Smarty Symbols used on Expressive app;