- Category: Games
- Released date: 01/29/2010
- Current Version: 2.0
- Seller: Alexander Ledinsky
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 49408207
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: All
F-SIM Space Shuttle is a highly realistic flight simulator. It simulates the Space Shuttle approach and landing in unprecedented detail and accuracy. Take command of Atlantis during the final minutes of descent and safely touchdown at John F. Kennedy Space Center or Edwards Air Force Base.
After touchdown, you can watch a replay of your flight from different perspectives (e.g. chase plane, tower). Sophisticated landing analysis is also available. Only the best pilots are awarded a “perfect landing” score, and even those can push their limits and put their skills to the ultimate test by adding wind, gusts, and turbulence or simulating system failures like a stuck speed-brake.
Have you got the “right stuff”?
Download F-SIM Space Shuttle and find out!
F-SIM Space Shuttle has received rave reviews from flight simulation enthusiasts across the world and is ranked among the best simulations in the App Store.
As a universal build, it is optimized for all iOS devices. It includes some iPad 2 specific enhancements and of course takes full advantage of retina displays on current iPhone and iPod touch models, but runs fine on 1st generation devices too.
• “Absolutely awesome app that is a must for Shuttle huggers and aspiring astronauts” - Chris Bergin, Managing Editor NASASpaceflight.com
• “I was excited to see that I can enjoy flying the Space Shuttle realistically also on my iPhone and complement my addiction to our Space Shuttle Mission Simulator on PC when I am on the road.” Alex L., http://www.space-shuttle-mission.com
• “F-SIM Space Shuttle’s stunning visuals, convincing flight dynamics and realistic HUD make it one of the finest simulators I’ve ever seen. A must have!” - Florian Wardell, Editor TechHaze.com
With F-SIM Space Shuttle you can:
• Choose between accelerometer (tilt) controls or (virtual) analog sticks to control the Orbiter
• Watch replays of your landings from different perspectives
• Land at both shuttle landing facilities (John F. Kennedy Space Center and Edwards Air Force Base)
• Fly final or full approaches and freely select one of the four possible heading-alignment-cones (HAC) and the HAC turn angle
• Configure wind and turbulence for authentic flight conditions
• Fly night and overcast approaches and configure visibility
• Simulate system failures (a stuck speedbrake, HUD/guidance failures, etc.)
• Manually control the Orbiters’s rudder, speedbrake, gear and chute or let the autopilot control these things and focus on flying.
F-SIM Space Shuttle features:
• A fully animated 3D model of Atlantis
• A 3D virtual cockpit
• A built in manual and tutorials (also available online at http://www.f-sim.com)
• Achievements and online leaderboards (OpenFeint and GameCenter)
• Photo-realistic graphics
• A sophisticated simulation of the guidance, navigation and control systems and a fully functional head-up display
• An accurate flight dynamics model
• Visual landing aids like the PAPI and the ball/bar light system on each runway
• Detailed landing analysis, including touchdown point, vertical speed, maximum weight on each wheel, etc.
We continue to make F-SIM Space Shuttle even better and listen to you. Feedback is highly appreciated; please visit http://www.F-SIM.com