Off-trail, road-tripping, or wandering abroad? Use Gaia GPS to navigate anywhere you aren't connected.
Gaia GPS is a full-featured outdoor GPS app, developed by Anna and Andrew. We wander around with our dogs and like to pitch our tent wherever Gaia leads us. Please email us with questions, bug reports, feature ideas, and other feedback at [email protected]
The lite version has three differences from the paid version:
• The lite app includes ads and an Upgrade tab.
• The paid app can import GPX files.
• The paid app includes a Map Store where you can get additional free and paid map sources, such as snowmobile trails, Florida satellite imagery, and more.
Gaia lets you:
• Download maps for times when you don't have an internet connection.
• View topographic and road maps. Use MyTopo maps in the US/Canada, and Cloudmade topo and road maps all over the world.
• Record tracks, waypoints, and take geo-tagged photos.
• Search for nearby waypoints and reports about places.
• Import and export GPX files, by email or to EveryTrail.com.
• Customize all aspects of Gaia, including units, coordinates types, color and sound, and more.
►► IMPORTANT - IPOD TOUCH AND NON-GPS IPHONES This application will not be fully functional on these devices. The GPS Recorder and compass will be inactive. You will be able to view maps and waypoints, but you cannot record tracks.
►► GPS WARNING - Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.