- Category: Productivity
- Released date: 06/21/2010
- Current Version: 1.10.3
- Seller: Andrea Vettori
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 1928562
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: iPhoneFirstGen, iPhone4, iPhone3G, iPhone3GS
With Group Text! you can easily send SMS to groups, to handpicked set of contacts or to distribution lists. Once you create a list, you no longer have to select contacts one-by-one for a group message. Simply tap on the list or group name and you are ready to send! And if you need to send the same message many times, just save it as a template and pick it later to auto populate the text of your message. You can also easily attach the address and maps link of the current or a selected position and text contacts information.
Group Text! uses your text plan to send messages and replies are received on the iPhone Messages application as usual.
User's guide available on the web site www.redbits.com. Please read the guide, the few negative reviews are from people that have not read the user's guide. If in doubt, send an email to support ! We reply to every request.
- send mass text messages
- easy and quick interface
- use address book groups;
- handpick set of contacts from address book
- select / deselect single recipients in groups and lists
- create and manage distribution lists from address book or manually entering recipients information
- distribution lists are very useful if you have contacts with more than one phone number or if you don't want to create groups only to group text them
- optionally create and use message templates
- setting to show all or only mobile numbers
- optional char counter with total used chars, size of the texts, number of the texts and remaining chars before an additional text is required.
- save or load recipients from / to csv documents
- exchange csv documents by E-Mail or iTunes
- print lists (iOS4.2 and supported printer required)
- iPhone 4 retina display ready
- visually impaired users can fully control the app with VoiceOver+
- insert contact information in message text
- insert the current location (address and maps link) in message text
- insert a picked location (address and maps link) in message text
- preview templates
- preview CSV files
- landscape support
Note: the app can't use your existing groups when syncing with Exchange. You can however create lists in the app and use them.
Note: No pictures or vcards can be added to the text at the moment because of limitations of what apps can do.
IMPORTANT NOTE :
If you're experiencing issues sending to large groups, check the setting of "Group Messaging" on the iPhone settings. If the option is available, set it to OFF (yes OFF) to be able to send to large groups. If it's on, the iPhone will try to send MMS instead of SMS and will fail to send to large groups.