GW Mail is a GroupWise email client for the iPhone. With this app you get a much better interface than Novell delivers by default through GroupWise WebAccess. This app gives you some of the enterprise features that you wouldn't get with simple POP/IMAP - like access to your Frequent Contacts and GroupWise address book.
"GW Mail and GW Calendar are good looking iPhone apps that help GroupWise users quickly get access to their data. I'm glad to see them on the app store and available to GroupWise users."
- Alex Evans, Novell GroupWise Product Manager
“GW Mail and GW Calendar are invaluable. I have them and recommend to all of my GroupWise customers who are iPhone users to get them as well. I can't say enough about how useful these little gems are.”
- Danita Zanre, Caledonia Network Consulting
- View items in your GroupWise mailbox and other folders
- View, delete, reply and forward messages.
- Composing new emails is fully supported, even on GW 8.0 and GW 7.0.3.
- Move items between folders.
- View an item's properties to see if an appointment has been accepted, an email has been viewed, etc.
- Accept or decline an appointment.
- You can search your GroupWise addressbook to select contacts when composing an email.
- Attached documents are viewable through the GroupWise document converter.
- If a phone call interrupts composing a message, the app saves the message and puts you right back where you were working.
Worried about whether this app will work for you? Check out our GW Lite app. It's free! If GW Lite works for you, GW Mail should too.
Notice: GW Mail uses GroupWise WebAccess to get your email data. If your GroupWise administrator has not made GroupWise WebAccess available to you, GW Mail will not work for you. While we do support iChain, if your company uses a different proxy server, like Novell Access Manager, then GW Mail will not work. GW Mail requires an active internet connection.
Devices: GW Mail works with your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad, and requires an internet connection to work.
GroupWise: GW Mail has been tested to work with GroupWise 8, GroupWise 7 and GroupWise 6.5.
This app does not notify you when new emails are received on the server. You must run this app to view your email.
We are working quickly to add support for more GroupWise features that will be available in future updates.
If you want to access your GroupWise calendar, our GW Calendar app does an excellent job! We are working hard on more apps that will allow you to access your GroupWise addressbook and more!
Please feel free to send us an email with any questions or comments that you may have. If you think you see a bug in the app, please send us an email! [email protected]