- Category: Lifestyle
- Released date: 12/18/2010
- Current Version: 1.6.3
- Seller: Culinate, Inc.
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 33510244
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: iPadWifi, iPad23G, iPad3G, iPad2Wifi
This first-of-a-kind app of New York Times columnist Mark Bittman’s bestselling cookbook of the same name has 2,000 recipes, 400 how-to illustrations, and a host of features designed especially for the iPad user.
Creation of this app started with the top-selling How to Cook Everything iPhone app. Not just a version of that app enlarged to fit the iPad screen, this app was completely redesigned to make the most of the iPad’s size, shape, and capabilities — to make your iPad an essential kitchen companion.
A newly added feature converts temperatures and quantities to metric for those who prefer metric measurements.
• The content of Mark Bittman’s award-winning book, including 2,000 recipes and recipe variations — plus his no-nonsense cooking guidance: how-to illustrations; equipment, technique, and ingredient information; and meal-planning ideas
• Easy-to-use and flexible search capabilities, including enhanced filters and the ability to browse recipes and reference information
• Dedicated layouts for portrait and horizontal views, so the information and recipes are easy to follow — from any angle.
• Inspiring photos for weekly featured recipes
• Well-organized and email-friendly shopping lists that make it easy to buy ingredients — and whatever other groceries you need at home
• The ability to bookmark particular recipe steps and jump rapidly among recipes
• Handy built-in timers, placed throughout the recipe steps
• A How-To section that provides convenient access to hundreds of illustrated tutorials on a broad range of topics
• A notes tab on each recipe that makes it easy to add your own recipe notes
• Select quotes from the book with voice-overs by Mark Bittman
• A constant-on button to prevent the screen from dimming while you cook
• Full iOS 4 support: Print recipes and shopping lists, add recipes to calendars, and switch quickly between apps
• Email up to 10 recipes a month to yourself or to friends
• Cooking inspiration: Bittman’s Picks, Featured Recipes, Quick Dinners, and Favorites, which provide quick access to selected recipes
• Feed your friends: Integration with Facebook and Twitter allows you to share what you're cooking with your social network!
• Be global: Automatically convert temperatures and quantities to metric if that's your preference.
Finally, an important point: All recipe and reference content is embedded in this app, which means that you can use it even if you don't have a network connection.
The How to Cook Everything iPad app is the perfect complement to the book, an invaluable resource and guide. If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch, you may want to check out the How to Cook Everything app for the iPhone.