- Category: Productivity
- Released date: 03/13/2011
- Current Version: 1.0.1
- Seller: Hewlett Packard
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 7384502
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: All
This app lets you print to public print locations*.
Here is how you can print:
• At public print locations: easily search for, locate, and print to HP print service partners, publicly available through HP’s cloud-based network of providers – like FedEx Office, registered hotels, and more (mostly in the US and UK).
• At home: to your local wireless printer, using AirPrint technology**.
To print to one of HP’s registered public locations:
1. Open the HP ePrint service app and select the content you want to print (email, web page, photo, clipboard, iTunes Shared file, etc.)
2. Search for a public print location by entering keywords, or simply use the “Near me” button to locate the closest options (GPS-based search).
3. Hit Print! You should receive a retrieval code to maintain your privacy – only you can get the printout.
4. Go to the print service location (store, hotel front desk, etc. – the app will show you where on the map), provide your retrieval code and get your printout.
To print at home to your AirPrint compatible HP printer:
1. Open the ePrint app and select the content you want to print.
2. Choose “Apple AirPrint” on the printer selection menu.
3. Search for a printer available in your local wireless network.
4. Choose print options.
5. Hit Print!
• Track your print jobs: check job details from the “History” list, including pickup code, status, print service address and map location, phone number, store hours and payment methods***.
• You can also print supported files from other applications****.
• Support to HP ePrint Enterprise: a private cloud-based solution for corporate network printers (optional, must be purchased separately). For more information, check www.hp.com/go/eprintenterprise.
More information at www.hp.com/go/eprintmobile.
* Usage of HP ePrint mobile print location service requires Internet and e-mail-capable Apple® iPhone 3G or newer, iPod Touch or iPad, running iOS 4.2 or later, with separately purchased wireless Internet service and the HP ePrint service app. Availability and cost of printing varies at mobile print locations.
** The AirPrint function in this app requires an AirPrint compatible printer available in your local wireless network. For a list of supported printers, visit: www.hp.com/go/airprint.
*** Subject to availability from the print service provider.
**** Supported files are Microsoft® Word documents (.doc, .docx), PowerPoint presentations (.ppt, .pptx), Excel spreadsheets (.xls, .xlsx), images (.gif, .jpg, .png, .bmp), plain text (.txt), rich text (.rtf), Adobe® PDF (.pdf), and HTML (.htm, .html). Other apps must provide individual access to files and enable exposure to these registered document type handlers from the iOS.