Insight Timer for iPad - Meditation Timer
- Category: Healthcare & Fitness
- Released date: 04/02/2010
- Current Version: 5.1.1
- Seller: Bradley Fullmer
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 14844578
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: iPadWifi, iPad23G, iPad3G, iPad2Wifi
*** Formerly called Zen Timer ***
Perfect for mindful activities such as meditation and yoga, this simple yet powerful timer plays the beautiful sounds of the Tibetan singing bowl.
- You'll love our bells! Recorded with high quality digital audio equipment at a famous meditation center, these new bell samples are amazing. Crystal clear with extra long fade outs. They sound great with the built-in speaker, but to get the full effect, try using headphones or external speakers.
- Choose from eight different bells of varying size and metal compositions - from bright and clean to deep and complex with lovely overtones. Wood block and gong sounds are also included.
- Each bell can be set to ring once, twice or three times. The delay between strikes is configurable from 2/10 of a second to 20 seconds.
- Optionally add a beginning bell which will play when the timer is started. Choose the type of bell, the delay before the bell rings, the number of strikes and the relative volume of this bell.
- Add an unlimited number of interval bells which are set to play at specified times - either at a repeating time interval or at a fixed offset from the beginning or end. Again with each bell, you can set the type of bell, the number of strikes and the relative volume.
- Insight Connect lets you view graphs of your time spent meditating. Graphs include last 10 days, last 10 weeks and last 10 months.
- Insight Connect also allows you to connect with a global meditation community and see who is meditating along with you all around the world.
- Insight Timer will run in the background. You can start the timer, then run other apps and the bells will continue to ring. When the timer is finished, a message will pop up to alert you.
- Presets allow you to save an unlimited number of configurations and assign names to them. If you have multiple meditation routines (such as Morning and Evening), this makes it easy to switch between them without any configuration changes.
- You may set a background image from your own photo album. While the timer is running, your image is shown full screen. Optionally, the time display and controls can be hidden so that they are shown only when the image is tapped.
- Session Logging: Whenever a timer completes, the start time and duration are stored on the phone so you can review your Insight Timer usage. Your log data can also be exported via an email attachment and loaded into a spreadsheet for more sophisticated analysis.
- Statistics: Log data is condensed into useful statistics to help you monitor and evaluate your timed activities.
- Journal: You may enter notes about each session when the timer ends. Again, this can help you track your progress in the activity that you are timing. Your journal entries can be exported via an email attachment. Journal access may be password protected to ensure privacy.
- Optional labels for interval bells. Each bell's label will be displayed on the screen when it rings. You can use this to guide you though the different phases of your routine.
- Pause and Resume your timer session.
- Bells will ring even when the device is locked so you can turn off the screen to save power and eliminate ambient light.
- Optionally vibrate with or instead of bells.
- iPod tracks will continue to play while the timer is running.
- Bells will ring even if silent switch is on.
- Have a basic meditation routine? You can set up the Insight Timer in seconds: Just pick your bell, the amount of time you want to meditate and hit Start.
- Have a complex meditation routine? Insight Timer can handle it! No other meditation timer is as powerful and flexible as Insight Timer.