iPieta is a must-have App for all those who want to gain access to a vast library of Catholic documents, teachings, writings,prayers, and calendars. With the iPieta App, these Catholic Treasures are readily available, at home or on the go, for teaching, on the spot apologetics, and for the benefit of your own soul and those around you.
iPieta Español is a similar, but different, App available for Spanish speakers.
• Bibles: Douay-Rheims, Clementine Vulgate (Catholic and public domain; note that Psalms are COMPLETE but numbered as in the Vulgate).
• Baltimore Catechisms #1-3 (original); the Cat. of Christian Doctrine, the Roman Catechism, and the Cat. of St. Thomas Aquinas
• Both the Ordinary (Novus Ordo) and Extraordinary (Tridentine) Calendars with access to the day's Gospel and Reading(s) from the Douay-Rheims & Vulgate.
• Numerous devotions including: a version of the Little Office of Our Lady, the 33-Day Total Consecration Preparation, Novena to the Holy Spirit, St. Alphonsus Stations of the Cross, and the St. Bridget 1-Year and 12-Year Prayers.
• Spiritual writings by: St. Louis Marie de Montfort, St. Teresa of Jesus, St. John of the Cross, St. Catherine of Siena, the Summa Theologica by St. Thomas Aquinas, the Imitation of Christ, Intro to Devout Life (St. Francis deSales), St. Jean-Marie Vianney, Treatise on Purgatory (St. Catherine of Genoa), Spiritual Exercises (St. Ignatius), Sinners Guide, Dolorous Passion, Haydock Biblical Commentary, Catena Aurea (St Thomas Aquinas) The Summa (except for the Supplement) is also in Latin.
• Papal Encyclicals
• Council Documents
• Fathers of the Church
• Scripture for the Holy Rosary
• Examination of Conscience
• Saint Notes (in progress)
• Email current text.
• Perform Boolean AND/OR searches on the Bible, catechisms, and spiritual works including the Summa.
• English, Latin, or in both English & Latin for the Bible, many prayers, and Summa.
• The Calendar is displayed in a table and formatted to correspond to the liturgical season (e.g., Advent, Christmas, etc.) and feast day. Touch a day's entry to access the Gospel and readings (but not the responsorial psalm). “Shake” device to toggle between the Novus Ordo and Traditional Calendars.
• Customize text size, font, and color.
See the Help Tab for instructions on Navigation, Audio, and Email.
The Calendars are complex; emails regarding problems are appreciated.
Need assistance? Contact us at: [email protected]
We are grateful for your suggestions and direct emails ([email protected]
). Please email us specific typos. Thanks.