- Category: Travel
- Released date: 06/17/2011
- Current Version: 1.1
- Seller: GPSmyCity.com, Inc.
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 7272746
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: All
"What should I order?" is a question faced at some point by all travelers sitting in a restaurant in a foreign country. MyCityCuisine is a traveler's guide to the local cuisine of foreign countries around the world. For each city, MyCityCuisine presents a list of dishes that are traditional and representative of the local cuisine . With the MyCityCuisine app, the next time when you visit a new city, you will know exactly what local dishes to try in order to satisfy your culinary curiosity.
This iPhone application is a mobile companion of the web-based MyCityCuisine.org, a Wiki project. The local cuisine content is provided by contributors from around the world.
The highlights and main features of this application include:
* Over 60 cities are included in the current version, with more cities added every week.
* Each dish includes a description that lists the main ingredients and the cooking method used to prepare the dish, as well as colorful photos of the dish.
* Dishes are organized into several easy-to-navigate categories.
* Users can vote for their favorite dish(es) and submit comments about dishes.
Once the dish catalog is downloaded, the app works offline, so no Internet or 3G Connection is required, and there is no need to pay costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app works with your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.