“Learning your instrument doesn’t get any better than this.”
Jac Holzman, Founder of Elektra Records.
“Equal parts intimate concert and music class, On the Music Path has to be one of the most ambitious iPad apps for guitarists built yet.” - Fretboard Journal
“Great app from great musicians” - Appolicious
Imagine getting a private guitar lesson from JACKSON BROWNE, jamming with RICHARD THOMPSON, or playing piano with VONDA SHEPARD. These are just a few of the extraordinary experiences made possible by “On the Music Path.”
“On the Music Path” offers beautifully filmed, in-depth lessons on how to play the guitar, piano, drums and bass from a star-studded cast of world-renowned musicians.
Shot in high-definition video by award-winning cinematographer, Alan Kozlowski, each lesson costs between $4.99 to $19.99 and includes 45-85 minutes of one-on-one lesson time with a master musician accompanied by complete musical notation, chord charts, lyrics and guitar tablature synchronized to the teacher’s playing. There are no subscriptions charges or upfront fees. And you can download the app and try out the first few chapters of any lesson for free.
REAL INSTRUMENTS. REAL MUSICIANS. ELEGANT TECHNOLOGY.
In an age when more people are learning to play virtual pianos and plastic guitars than the real thing, On the Music Path wants to help you learn to play a real instrument from a real master.
There are no flashing lights to follow, no polyphonic note detection algorithms, no game leaderboards and no jam tracks laid down by a machine. Just carefully structured, one-on-one instruction from a master musician. Our user-interface lets you focus on learning to play an instrument instead of learning to use an application:
Tap anywhere in the notation to jump to that exact spot in the lesson. Swipe left or right to skip through a lesson’s chapters. Press down to set your own in and out points and loop a particular segment. It’s as simple as that.
You can even slow the video down and practice at your own pace or record yourself and hear how well you’re doing.
AN EXCITING SLATE OF LESSONS AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY
• RICHARD THOMPSON, named one of the Top 20 guitarists of all time by Rolling Stone, gives an advanced class on “Folk Rock Guitar” (just released!)
• JACKSON BROWNE breaks down the essential elements of his distinctive style in “Fingerpicking and Alternate Tunings”, a master class for intermediate guitarists
• Martin Signature Guitar Artist, KENNY SULTAN, gives beginners a step-by-step introduction to blues guitar and teaches intermediate students the secrets of “Fingerstyle Blues”
• Grammy®-award winner, SCOTT TENNANT, introduces beginning guitarists to some of the most beautiful pieces in the classical repertoire, including Pachelbel’s “Canon” and the “Romanza” by Tárrega
• And for those just getting started, singer-songwriter and guitarist, STEVE POSTELL, introduces all the fundamentals—from how to read chord charts to how to take a solo—and will quickly have you playing tunes such as “Teach Your Children” and “Peaceful Easy Feeling.”
AND MANY MORE COMING SOON…
• “Piano for Singers” by VONDA SHEPARD, the featured pianist and vocalist on the Ally McBeal show
• “Contemporary Jazz Guitar” by Grammy®-award winner, LEE RITENOUR
• “The Art of the Bassline” by LELAND SKLAR, bassist for James Taylor, Phil Collins, Jackson Browne and countless others
• “The Art of the Groove” by master drummer, STEVE FERRONE
•“Indian improvisation” by world-famous sitarist and master composer, RAVI SHANKAR
• and many others
We hope you enjoy.
And please send us your suggestions for how to improve the app or who you’d like to see included in our lineup: [email protected]