- Category: Photography
- Released date: 04/01/2010
- Current Version: 3.1
- Seller: Omer Shoor
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 7825636
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: iPadWifi, iPad23G, iPad3G, iPad2Wifi
Photogene is about improving your digital photos and having fun while at it.
WIRED Magazine: "Photogene has long been one of the better photo-editing apps for the iPad, but a new update — version 2.0 — turns it into arguably the best around."
Why should I pick Photogene?
- Photogene offers a wide selection of photo editing tools. No gimmicks - they will actually make your photos look better.
- The user interface is quick and responsive. Most actions happen in real time.
- Photogene includes a convenient full screen photos browser with large thumbnails (requires location-services permission).
- Photogene is a great companion to the camera connection kit. It supports various RAW formats. Photogene can open up for editing very large files and supports an export resolution of up to 8 MP.
- Photogene allows you to export several photos at once, and it supports a wide selection of export destinations, including Flickr, Dropbox, Facebook, Twitter, Picasa, FTP and mail.
- It's a live product. We update it frequently and add new features users had asked for.
Here are some of the editing tools included in Photogene:
- Crop and straighten.
- Sharpen and noise reduction.
- Full set of color adjustments (including levels and curves). Correct underexposed photos and add a spark to washed-out ones.
- Red-eye correction and healing tool (remove unwanted blemishes or spots).
- Special effects such as reflection or vignette.
- Localized effects: apply filters or color adjustments by "painting" them on specific areas of a photo. The tools include Dodge & Burn, Blur, Grayscale and various effects and filters.
- Add text boxes or bubbles of different styles, colors and fonts.
- Artistic filters such as sepia or charcoal.
- Frames in various shapes and colors, including shadows and glows.
- Wide selection of presets that instantly transform your photo into a work of art. You can also create and save your own custom macros.
- Multiple undo and redo.
- View EXIF metadata, including geo-tagging.
- Give captions to the photos in your library.
- Resize your photos as you export them.
New: Photogene Collage Maker!
Combine several photos into one piece of art using a variety of templates. Collages can be saved or directly uploaded to any of Photogene's wide selection of export destinations.