- Category: Music
- Released date: 08/24/2010
- Current Version: 1.0.0
- Seller: Houston Enterprises, Inc.
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 725594272
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: All
• Ever wish you could sit down and play a favorite tune?
• Are you sick and tired of dusting - not playing - that big hunk of furniture in your living room?
• Have you purchased an electronic keyboard that quickly found its way to your closet shelf?
• Do you think you are too busy or old (or both!) to take the time needed to learn how to play piano?
• Have you always wanted to play piano but were held back by the note reading?
If you answered YES to any of those questions, then you're in luck!
Finally! Piano instruction for the rest of us ...
Watch the Emmy award winning host of "The Piano Guy" series on public television, Scott Houston, turn what you may think about learning to play the piano on its ear, and get ready for the time of your life. The video presentation contained in this app sets the stage and includes all the basics you'll need to start down the path towards what most people think is an unreachable dream: learning to play the piano.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This app is large (735MB) because the approx. 2 1/2 hours of video is contained in the app, not streamed. This allows you to sit at your piano or keyboard with the app even if you have no wireless connectivity and assures an extremely high quality and responsive viewing experience. Because of this, it is much faster to download the app from iTunes on your computer, then transfer it to your iPad or iPhone or iPod Touch when you sync. If you decide to download directly to your device over WiFi you can expect a 30-60 minute duration. It's worth it though!
The free content gives you 1 hour of Scott's presentation which will get you through all the basics to get you started playing your favorite tunes with 2 hands.
An in-app purchase will unlock another 1 hour and 20 minutes minutes that progresses further to teach you how to "kick it up a notch" and sound even more like a pro.