Pleco is the ultimate Chinese learning companion - an integrated Chinese dictionary / document reader / flashcard system with fullscreen handwriting input and live camera-based character recognition, from a company with over a decade of experience making mobile Chinese learning software.
• Great dictionaries: the built-in one has over 20,000 example sentences with Pinyin, the popular CC-CEDICT is available as a free add-on, and 7 other wonderful dictionaries are available as paid upgrades.
• Live Optical Character Recognizer: look up words simply by pointing your device's camera at them, or by tapping on them in a still image. (paid add-on)
• Fullscreen handwriting: use the entire width of your iPhone's screen to draw characters. Extremely accurate, with a recognition engine licensed from China's leading maker of handwriting input systems. (paid add-on)
• Flashcard System: create a card from any dictionary entry with a single button tap, import premade word lists, use advanced memorization techniques like SRS (spaced repetition), and study in a variety of modes including fill-in-the-blanks handwriting and tone drills. (paid add-on)
• Powerful search: look up words by Chinese characters, Pinyin (spaces and tones optional), or a combination, with support for wildcards and full-text search.
• Cross-referencing: tap on any Chinese character / word in any dictionary entry to bring up its definition.
• Audio Pronunciation: instantly hear a native-speaker audio recording of each Chinese headword; recordings are available for over 34,000 words. (paid add-on)
• Stroke Order Diagrams: animations showing you how to draw each character; over 20,000 characters are covered. (paid add-on)
• Document Reader: open a Chinese-language text file and look up unknown words simply by tapping on them. You can also look up characters on web pages and in Word / RTF documents via the pasteboard. (paid add-on)
• Mainland- and Taiwan-friendly: supports both traditional and simplified characters (in dictionary definitions, stroke order diagrams, searches, and the handwriting recognizer), and (experimentally) supports Zhuyin as well as Pinyin for headword search and display.
• User dictionaries: create new dictionary entries right on your device as you encounter new words. (paid add-on)
We also offer excellent customer support - send us an email and see for yourself - and an active user community in our discussion forums at http://www.plecoforums.com. And we're constantly working to make our products better; our sales and customer base have been steadily growing for 10 years across three different mobile platforms. You can be confident that we'll still be fixing bugs and adding new features for years to come.
Though our software is sold only through in-app purchases, those purchases can be transferred to other devices that sync to your iTunes account just as with any other iOS software; simply load up the free version on each device, open up the "Add-ons" screen, and tap on the "Restore Purchases" button to activate your purchase on each device.
Customers who already own our software on another platform should check out our website at www.pleco.com for upgrade / license transfer options.
Please contact us at [email protected]
, via the form at http://www.pleco.com/contact.html, or using the "Contact Support" button in the "Settings" tab within Pleco with any support questions - we'll be delighted to hear from you.