Popular Photography+ is the re-imagined and re-designed digital version of Popular Photography magazine. It has ALL the same content as the print magazine, along with special iPad-only features.
August issue highlights:
• Second Spring — Missed the Southwest wildflower bloom in March? And the Texas hill country bloom in April? And the Grand Tetons in June? You don’t have to wait until next year to shoot fantastic spring wildflowers—or waterfalls, rainforests, and wildlife. Just grab your gear and get up to Washington’s Mount Rainier.
• Print It Your Way — You spend all that time editing your favorite photos to make them look their best. But how do you get your prints to match your computer screen? You’ll find a wealth of tips for inkjet printing, whether you’re just starting out or totally obsessed.
• Sony’s Speedy Hybrid — Sharp photos, awesome video, and the best autofocus and fastest burst shooting in its class. With its new Alpha A35, Sony promised a DSLR every bit as good for video as it is for still shooters. And, according to our authoritative report from the Popular Photography Test Lab, it delivers.
• Tests & Reviews — We put Panasonic’s Lumix G3 interchangeable-lens compact, Nikon’s fast 35mm f/1.4G prime lens, and Epson’s big new Stylus Pro 4900 printer through the rigors our extensive lab and field tests.
*** Now with three subscription options:
- One year for the special introductory price of just $14.99, 75 percent off the single-issue price.
- A six-month subscription for $9.99
- A monthly subscription which will let you download each new issue for just $1.99 until you turn off auto-renew. ***
** Now with FREE Preview issue! We’ve listened to your feedback—just go into the in-app store by pressing and holding your finger on the screen and you can download a FREE preview of the August issue with five full stories. If you like it, buy the full issue for $4.99 or subscribe. **
How Subscriptions Work:
To get a full issue, enter the in-app store and buy the current issue for $4.99, back issues for $2.99 or a one-year subscription for US$14.99! (prices vary in other currencies)
- Payments will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
AUTOMATIC RENEWAL FEATURE:
* Please note that if your issues or subscription don’t show up after you update, just hit the “Restore All” button in the upper-left corner of the Issues list and it will bring them back right away! *
How to use the app:
-Swipe sideways or tap the left/right edge of the screen to turn pages and find new stories.
-Read stories by swiping up and down. Tap the top of the screen to return to the beginning.
-Press and hold anywhere on the page to quickly access your Issues list at the top (where you can also buy new issues) and the navigation tools including the new thumbnail “Scrubber” at the bottom. To make the navigation tools disappear and return to the page you were on, either press and hold anywhere or quickly tap anywhere on the page.
-Double-tap the screen to see just the bottom layer. Double-tap again to return to original layout.
-To bookmark pages, tap the upper-right corner of a page. Return to this page through the “Bookmarks” tab in the menu bar. Re-tap the same corner to remove bookmark.
E-mail us with any feedback or problems at [email protected]