- Category: Navigation
- Released date: 03/26/2009
- Current Version: 1.5
- Seller: PrimoSpot, Inc.
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 1195236
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: All
Available in NYC, Boston, and Seattle, PrimoSpot is like many apps in one: the ONLY app with on-street parking AND garage rate comparisons, plus bike rack locations.
PrimoSpot can also help you remember where you parked, and find your way back!
Shown in iPad keynote. Apple Staff Favorite Dec 2009. As seen on NY Times, TUAW, Slate, Fox News, CBS, WNBC, and NY1, and in the NJ Star Ledger, NY Post and Daily News…
Let PrimoSpot help you:
• Find the best on-street parking in NYC, Boston, and Seattle Metros
• Find a garage (and maybe a deal!)
• Compare garage pricing and rates
• See daily parking regulations & advisories
• Find a place to lock your bike
• Remember where you parked anywhere in the US, and get directions back to where you left your ride
PrimoSpot is the only iPhone parking application that allows you to find (and view!) on-street parking, garages and bike racks – all in one application, while you are on-the-go. This robust app helps you find the best place to park and remember where you parked it, all on a fully interactive map. You can also use this app to compare hourly, daily, and monthly prices for garages in NYC and Boston.
How to compare garage prices
1. Tap the garages button at the bottom
2. Search or move the map to the area you would like see prices in
3. Switch to the list view by tapping the list button in the upper right
4. Choose from hourly, daily or monthly prices to compare
How to remember where you parked
1. Tap the car button at the top, and then choose save by tapping on the map or at your current location.
2. Save a text note or photo with details such as landmarks or garage area details
3. Later, find your car by getting directions from your current location
* This feature will work outside of our parking information coverage areas, so feel free use this app for remembering your spot anywhere in the US.
Save your parking spot and get a reminder when its time to move. If you park on the street, the default reminder time is how long you have left to park based on the rules.
*NOTE: reminders are currently NOT working due to technical issue with Apple servers. We apologize for this issue and will be replacing the reminder system with a better one in the next update.
Type an intersection, address or landmark in the search box after tapping the search button. Previous search history is automatically bookmarked to call up at a later date.
Daily Parking Regulations & Advisories
Tap the logo to see if alternate side parking regulations are suspended or if there are other advisories you may need to know. Detailed help for using the app is here as well.
• You need an internet connection to use PrimoSpot; however, you can pull up your saved parking spot and notes without a connection.
• PrimoSpot works on the iPhone 3GS, 3G or the first generation iPhone. On the first generation iPhone, the position may not be as accurate as the iPhone 3G, and the driving mode may not work as well.
• An iPod Touch is not recommended, since an internet connection is required to load real-time parking information, but PrimoSpot will work when connected to WiFi.
• Please check primospot.com for additional coverage areas as they are added.