- Category: Sports
- Released date: 04/06/2010
- Current Version: 3.0
- Seller: Sten Kaiser
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 1715960
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: iPad23G, iPad3G, iPhoneFirstGen, iPodTouchFourthGen, iPhone3GS, iPodTouchThirdGen, iPodTouchSecondGen, iPad2Wifi, iPadWifi, iPhone4, iPhone3G
With racquetTune you will always have the optimal racquet to play with. Tap the strings and racquetTune will use the sound to calculate the tension with high accuracy. The interactive swingweight calculator helps you customizing your racquet. And with the ball tester you can check if your tennis balls still are playable.
You can check when it is time to restring or which one of your racquets that is best suited for different types of games. It is an invaluable tool when testing different racquets and strings. racquetTune also allows you to check whether your stringer does his job consistently (note that the actual tension in a racquet and the setting on a string machine are not the same thing).
View a demo video at racquetTune.com
- Quickly determines the tension and stringbed stiffness.
- Detect changes in tension as small as 0.1 kg/0.2 lb
- Accuracy indicator ensures a consistent result.
- Sound graph to find the best way to tap the racquet
- Save racquet and string data
- Settings for tennis, squash, raquetball and badminton racquets.
- View the tension history of each racquet as a list or as a graph
- Email a spreadsheet of the test data
- Place as many weights as you wish on the frame.
- Move and change weights to see how it affects swingweight, balance and sweet spot location
- Enter a target racquet and let racquetTune automatically place the weights
- Drop a ball on a hard floor
- Shows if the ball bounces to the ITF-approved 53%-57% of its drop height
- Takes the non-linearity of a tennis ball into account (bounces better at low heights)
Featured in tennis magazines in USA, Italy, France, Germany, Sweden and Norway.
"The app is very, very impressive. I get more tension diagnostic questions than just about anybody in the universe, so this is a very good thing to be able to recommend."
US Racquet Stringers Association
NOTE: The iPod Touch (2G and 3G) and the iPhone 2G must have an external microphone attached.