- Category: Music
- Released date: 10/02/2010
- Current Version: 1.0.8
- Seller: Reactable Systems SL
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 16604272
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: All
Improvise and create music playfully with the Reactable mobile. Based on the award winning Reactable as used by Björk on her Volta Tour, this application brings the full creative power of the famous interactive instrument onto your mobile device.
It uses concepts of modular synthesis, sampling, digital audio effects, DJing, and combines them with modern human computer interaction and multi-touch technology.
Based on the very same audio and graphics engine as the Reactable, the mobile version brings a complete range of objects to multi-touch devices:
A set of generator objects:
• loop players, with possibility to upload your own loops,
• synthesizers, with a large range of instruments to select from,
• oscillators, to synthesise pure and complex tones,
• input, to get audio directly from the device's microphone.
A set of effects to modify generated sounds:
• wave shapers: distortion, compression, and resampling,
• delays: reverb, feedback, and ping-pong,
• modulators: ring modulation, chorus, and flanger,
• filters: low pass, high pass, and band pass.
A set of controller objects to modify other objects parameters:
• sequencers, with step-by-step, matrix, or random modes,
• low frequency oscillators (LFO), with different waveforms,
• accelerometer, to fetch data from the movement of the device.
A set of global objects to modify the settings of the entire table:
• tempo, to change the speed of the table,
• volume, to lower or increase the loudness,
• tonalizer, to change the harmony of the melody.
Note: as this application uses both graphic and audio resources extensively, recent devices will provide the best user experience.