- Category: Education
- Released date: 04/01/2010
- Current Version: 1.7
- Seller: Vito Technology Inc.
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 126492119
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: All
This 3D Solar System model enables you to navigate through space and time, observe all the planets in close-up, learn their trajectories, inner structure, history of their exploration, points of interest and more. Use 3D mode to get a more realistic experience and zoom out to view and spin the entire Galaxy!
WHAT EXPERTS SAY:
Instead of exploring the night sky and deep space, you get to tour our Solar system in luscious 3D graphics. The iPad version is breathtaking with crisp graphics and beautiful color. The smooth finger controls combined with the spectacular graphics make this a perfect demo for the iPad. Dragging your finger to fly around the planets is a bit intoxicating, and I'm impressed with the smooth animation. © Mel Martin, TUAW.
While Star Walk will help you find and explore information about the stars, Solar Walk is designed to do the same with planets. The app features a beautiful and accurate simulation of the Solar system, complete with all of the planets orbiting trails, and an adjustable clock so that you can see where Mars will be in 2029, if you so choose. © Mike Schramm, TUAW.
• GALAXY view - absolutely magical zoom out to view the whole galaxy option.
• TIME MACHINE - set any date you want including even minutes and take a travel through space and time.
• 3D SOLAR SYSTEM model
• MOVIES - explanatory movie collection about the Earth’s phenomena.
• FLY to a PLANET - choose a planet from a far, tap an image and fly straight to the planet.
• SATELLITES - real-time trajectories of the most interesting artificial Earth's satellites.
• LOCATIONS - arrow will show your current position on the globe, plus names of the biggest cities of the Earth, as well as sights of the Moon, Mars and Venus.
• INFO about all planets - general info, its name, its mass, radius, distance to the sun, internal structure with the picture and science missions.
• MOONS of DIFFERENT PLANETS: select a planet like Earth, Saturn, Jupiter, Mars or Urano and observe how many moons they have and their track around the planet. Select one of the moons and learn.
*No Internet connection required*
Mind that to use the 3D mode you will need a pair of cyan-red 3D glasses. And, yes, we know that Pluto is no longer considered a planet, but by popular vote it has been added to the Solar System Model.
Vito Technology is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: all
Categories: Environment, Science