Are you preparing for National Spelling Bee championship? Do you want to improve your English vocabulary skills? Do you want to play a Spelling game with your friends? Do you want to receive high verbal score in College entrance tests? Then Spell Bee Challenge is the right app for you! The Spelling Game has 10 levels with increasing degrees of difficulty. You can practice spelling, take test, or take part in the Spell Bee challenge. Each round includes randomly selected words, and provides options to ask for the definition, part of speech, language of origin, and sentence usage.
Reasons to upgrade to Spell Bee Challenge:
- The word list (including definition, part of speech, origin, and sentence examples) keeps growing everyday (13,000+ words and counting), so you will never find a shortage of words to practice!
- There is no limit on the practice, test, and challenge words and levels
- You can select any level to practice or test
- You can play unlimited number of tests and challenges - none of them repeat!
- You can create your own Spelling tests using the same multi-level interface!
- Three voice types to choose from
- Save words for offline play
- Record word definition, part of speech, origin, and sentence examples in your own voice
Lite version Features:
- High quality synthesized voice
- Words can be recorded using your own voice
- You can save words to a word list
- Word definition, part of speech, origin, and sentence examples can be viewed in text mode as well (word itself can also be viewed in text mode when practicing)
- There are 10 questions each in each round of test or challenge. You have to correctly answer all of them in order to proceed to the next round.
- Next and random buttons will be enabled only when you spell the word correctly.
- After you pass a level, next level will be enabled. You can just touch the level number to begin taking test or challenge on that level.
- Incorrectly spelled a word and wondering what to do next? Just correctly enter the spelling and submit again. As soon as you reach 10 correct answer count, you can proceed to the next round.
- Next button sequentially scans the list (useful for those who want to take many tests on the same round) while the Random button fetches a random word.
- Touch on T to view the definition and sentence examples in text (you can also view the text for the word itself from Practice screen).
- To override the default voice, touch the microphone button to pronounce the word in your own voice while on Practice or My Saved List screens. Touch Stop as soon as you are done with it. The voice will be automatically saved. You can re-record as many times as you want (there is a 10 second limit).
- Touch the Save button while on Practice, Test, or Challenge screens to save the words to your word list. You can delete the saved words from My Saved List screen.
***** Your positive ratings will help us to continue offering free version and keep adding more features!
Please note: We take your comments seriously. If you have any questions on using the app, please directly contact us at [email protected]
before posting review comments.
Frequently asked questions:
1. Does this app have voice recognition feature?
Answer: Currently this app doesn't have voice recognition feature.
2. How can I change default voice with my own voice?
Answer: To replace the machine voice with your own voice, touch the Record button next to the Repeat Word button to start recording, and touch Stop when done.
Looking to create your own Spelling Bee Game? Upgrade to Spell Bee Challenge, which allows you to create your own Spelling tests with no limit on the number of words.