- Category: Reference
- Released date: 05/10/2011
- Current Version: 1.02
- Seller: Krystyn Tully
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 4490373
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: All
The Swim Guide makes it easy to explore and enjoy the best beaches near the GREAT LAKES, BRITISH COLUMBIA MAINLAND, and OTTAWA. You can list the beaches closest to you, browse the map, or search for a beach by name. Every beach is marked with a Green, Yellow, or Red icon so you know when a beach is safe for swimming and when it is not safe.
The Swim Guide is the best tool for enjoying the beach:
- Find your closest beach
- Discover a wide variety of beaches, ranging from city parks to remote lakes ideal for camping
- Compare real-time and historical water quality information for many different beaches
- Get directions to the beach of your choice
- Bookmark your favourite beaches for easy access
- Share your favourite beaches with friends on Facebook and Twitter
The Swim Guide gives you original descriptions with photographs of **hundreds** of different beaches in Ontario, BC, New York State, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, and Minnesota. Find the best beaches in cities like Toronto and Chicago. The Swim Guide offers more than just beach and water quality information. There's a little history, geography and culture, too!
The Swim Guide integrates with the maps app, so you can get walking, transit, or driving directions to the beach of your choice.
The Swim Guide connects to Twitter, Facebook, email, and SMS text messaging. Share your favourite beaches with your friends. Send them directions so they can join you!
The Swim Guide helps you report any pollution problems or environmental concerns that you may spot when you are at the beach. Use the Report button to notify your local Waterkeeper, and we will help you protect your favourite beach.
The Swim Guide is the only charity app of its kind:
- Like to swim? The app connects you to water organizations working to protect your beach
- Want to get involved? The app helps you volunteer, learn more, or donate to charity
The Swim Guide was created by Lake Ontario Waterkeeper to help you explore beaches in our watershed. Fraser River manages all beaches in B.C. The current version includes beaches on the Great Lakes and in the Vancouver area, with more areas coming very soon. The Swim Guide is expanding to include more beaches in Alberta, Florida, and other parts of Canada and the USA!