- Category: Music
- Released date: 01/07/2011
- Current Version: 1.3.3
- Seller: Xenon Labs, LLC
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 103633549
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: iPadWifi, iPad23G, iPad3G, iPad2Wifi
Symphony Pro is a complete music notation editor that allows you to quickly write and play back music wherever you bring your iPad.
Open up one of your saved compositions, or begin with a blank page, and you're ready to start writing. You can also import MusicXML, MIDI, ABC, or Symphony files downloaded from URL, opened from other apps such as Mail and Safari, or accessed via iTunes File Sharing.
Select a note length and then tap anywhere on the score to add a note. Use the 88-key keyboard to rapidly enter a series of notes or chords.
Symphony Pro supports a wide range of notational elements, including dynamics, arpeggio, trill, accelerando, glissando, staccato, tuplet, time, clef, and key signature changes, alternate endings, and repeats.
When you're done composing, you can export your piece as a MusicXML, MIDI, PDF, MP3, AAC, LilyPond, or Symphony file to iTunes or e-mail. You can also quickly save a screenshot of each page in your score to Photos and print it out from there.
• 114 high quality instruments including drum kit
• Up to 12 tracks and 4 layers per composition
• Advanced editing support, such as copy/paste & undo/redo
• Choose between treble, bass, alto, tenor, and neutral clefs.
• Switch to portrait mode to view your composition in full screen, like sheet music
• View and edit tracks one at a time, or all at once
• Delete individual notes, entire measures, or entire selection areas
• Loop playback to specific measures.
• Use the keyboard without entering any notes to test out phrases
• Use the text tool to add lyrics or annotations to your pieces
• Built-in manual
Watch a video review at bit.ly/sympro
Symphony Pro is great for working on pieces while you're away from your workstation. It's an invaluable tool for instructors, since it allows you to write out a part and have it immediately played back. It also works well as a sketchpad and sheet music viewer for musicians.