The Merck Manual - Home Edition
The Merck Manual - Home Edition is based on the entire Merck Manual Home Health Handbook, the trusted medical reference written by more than 300 worldwide medical experts. The app is available for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, and takes full advantage of the large iPad screen for displaying charts and figures.
The Merck Manual - Home Edition is a "must-have" resource that puts the trusted medical reference always at your fingertips, whenever and wherever you need it ... on the soccer field, a family vacation, a business trip abroad or getting ready to see a physician (a Wi-Fi/Internet connection is not needed to access the content of the app). The app has an easy-to-use interface for finding the right information quickly. In particular, an "Emergencies & Injuries" section accessible from the home screen was developed expressly for this app.
- Access the content anywhere (Internet not needed)
- Find information on Emergencies & Injuries quickly
- Browse through sections, chapters and topics
- Navigate easily between topics in a chapter
- Jump quickly to sub-headers within topics
- Use the full index of the Home Edition
- Perform full text searches that include index terms
- Search terms are highlighted in the text of topics
- Resize text for easy reading
- Email a link to any topic
- Bookmark favorite topics
- Automatically records the history of topics you viewed
- Remembers the last topic you were on
The Home Edition app is essential for anyone who needs clarification of a diagnosis, wants a quick reference for a medical term, or would like to communicate more effectively with a healthcare professional.
Written in easy-to-understand language, the Home Edition contains virtually the same information as the professional version of The Merck Manual which has been trusted by doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals for over a century.