- Category: Music
- Released date: 08/31/2010
- Current Version: 1.2.1
- Seller: Christian Blomert
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 3811107
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: iPadWifi, iPad23G, iPad3G, iPad2Wifi
FUTURE MUSIC UK:
"You may think about touchAble and an iPad instead of a hardware controller. A compliment indeed."
MUSICTECH MAG UK: "It can handle the majority of performance or interactive elements within Live without requiring any manual controller design or mapping, making it an easy-to-use but nonetheless powerful Live controller." 9/10
"The cheaper, more fully featured touchAble is a clear all-round winner. Its advanced control options give it the advantage in terms of power and make it the obvious choice for studio use and live performance."
"Definitely a recommendation for all iPad users who think about buying a controller for Live - even though touchAble isn't able to deliver haptic feedback in many areas it has advantages to physical controllers. It's worth it - even for studio-use."
touchAble - control Ableton Live from your iPad
Navigate around your live set with the touch of a finger, tweak Lives mixer, instruments and fx with full automapping and unlimited tracks & parameters.
touchAble allows live users to walk away from their computer and perform live from anywhere within Wi-Fi range while keeping latency at a minimum.
Play your favorite synths with the unique double keyboard or record your rhythms with the 16 drum pads, including 5 velocity steps & octave selectors.
Extend your creativity with the multi dots XY Pad and record, play and morph your mouvements.
Access the most important transport and clip functions without losing focus on your set and tweak the same set with two iPads with the unique Dual-User-Mode.
do you need to adjust volume, launch a new clip and play a device? Don't worry - a smart and intuitive screen menu empowers the user to arrange and switch modules on the fly.
touchAble does not require any midi-mappings as it uses LiveOSC to communicate directly with the LiveAPI.
Ableton Live 8 with latest update running on a computer on the same WiFi network
Windows XP, Vista, 7
Mac OS X 10.5 or newer
touchAbleServer-software from our website www.touch-able.com
Installation could not be any simpler:
- Download touchAbleServer from our website http://www.touch-able.com and install it on your Mac or PC
- Enter your Hosts Ip-Address on your iPad
- Press connect.
- Within a few seconds your set will be ready.
- Scrollable representation of your Session View in Live
- Clips, tracks & scenes with full color, name and status feedback
- Scalable Clipgrid from 4x2 to 15x8
- Access to arm, solo, mute & stop functions
- Access to Volumes, returns A-D, panning, monitors, resets, master & return volumes of up to 16 tracks at once
- Scared of clipping? Output-meters provide feedback of each tracks/masters/returns output-levels
- Choose between relative / absolute faders
- Access your vsts, audiounits and native live plugins or toggle them on & off from a scrollable overview
- Navigate and control unlimited parameters with bank switches
- Native Templates
- Snap Mode
-Toggle, Multitoggle, Fader & centered Fader available for live and max4live devices
- Never lose a parameter in the heat of a set: parameter name & value feedback directly inside the faders.
- Control 2 devices at the same time
- 128 note velocity sensitive Keyboard
- Perform with 2 keyboards in full screen mode
- 8/16 velocity sensitive Drum Pads with Access to all 128 Sample slots within Live
- 4 dots XY PAD controlling Mixer and Devices parameters including record and playback automations, bouncing ball fx, snapshots, morphing, save function
- Change parameters of clips : pitch, detune, loop, length, position
- Easy access to transport functions: play/stop, record, tempo, midi overdub, cue level, metronome, nudge up/down, midi record and launch quantization
For detailed setup-instructions & feedback please visit http://www.touch-able.com