Usage in short: Remote control music & video present on another iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad that is also running Tunes Remote. Adding and controlling Internet Radio stations is also supported!
A quickstart guide to Tunes Remote can be found in the walkthrough section at tunesremote.com.
Remote control your docked iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad and select the audio track or video of your favor.
No more need to walk up to your home cinema system to tell your iDevice to play a different track from a different album.
With Tunes Remote you can now enjoy your music or video from the comfort of your couch or chair without having to stand up to change what’s being played.
Note: to control iTunes on your Desktop you would want to use the Apple 'Remote' App. Tunes Remote works the other way around: it lets you control your iPod Touch, iPhone or iPad.
* Tunes Remote for iPhone & iPod Touch is a separate App / purchase *
- An iPad, iPod Touch or iPhone to play the music from the iPod music library or Internet Radio, running Tunes Remote in 'Tunes' mode
- Your iPad or another iPad, iPod Touch or iPhone running Tunes Remote (or you can download a desktop application from www.tunesremote.com or the App Store on the Mac)
- Both devices connected to the same stable local WiFi connection or two devices with Bluetooth (the desktop application only supports WiFi)
- Multiple Remote devices can control one Tunes (player) device
- Album list with album art
- Artist list
- Song list (by album, artist / album, playlist or all songs)
- Movies (added through iTunes File Sharing - works only with iPad supported formats like m4v and mov
- All lists have a fast-access index and search box
- Album, artist and time information for all songs
- Volume indication/control
- Progress indication/control
- Repeat (none, all, one track)
- Shuffle (on or off)
- Play/pause, next track, previous track
- All controls are two way (changes made either on the player or on the remote are immediately shown on the other)
- Full landscape support
- Internet Radio Streaming including 'Now Playing' information where available - The Radio Stations are not synchronized from iTunes, you have to add them from the Tunes Remote Radio Stations Playlist using the 'edit' button (top right corner in the Radio stations Playlist).
* Please clear all cashes on the Remote or use the Refresh button after upgrading / before editing radio stations *
For questions and feature requests please send an email to [email protected]