- Category: Business
- Released date: 12/09/2009
- Current Version: 3.0
- Seller: Autoniq, LLC
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 631882
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: iPhone3GS, iPad23G, iPhone4, iPad2Wifi
Autoniq VIN Barcode Scanner
Designed for Autoniq.com Subscribers
Are you an automobile dealer looking for a competitive edge? Exhausted from carrying multiple pricing guides and other tools? Tired of entering vehicle identifier numbers (VIN’s) to look up pricing guide information and vehicle histories? Frustrated with the time it takes to get the information necessary about a car to make a sound purchasing decision?
Then, Autoniq’s VIN Barcode Scanner application is the tool for you!
Designed for the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 (OS 4.0 and newer) for use with your Autoniq subscription, the Autoniq VIN Barcode Scanner is a free application that effectively reads the VIN barcode on vehicles using your phone camera.
This intuitive, easy to use application features:
• an on-screen viewfinder to assist with aiming and VIN placement;
• automatic focus and exposure adjustment, no more screen tapping;
• superior barcode recognition reading VIN’s many times per second;
• supports both regular and square (2D) VIN barcode types;
• automatically copies scanned VIN to clipboard;
• supports camera flash on iPhone 4;
• a specialized keyboard for quick and easy manual VIN entry;
• four convenience buttons to easy access most popular autoniq.com functionality
Once you’ve successfully scanned or entered the VIN, you can obtain pricing guide and vehicle history information based upon your Autoniq subscription.
As you use the scanner, remember to:
• Center the VIN in the viewfinder.
• Try to hold the camera still. Brace your arms against the vehicle for additional support whenever possible.
• Be Patient. It will take a few practice scans to master the process.
Don't give up! When the camera focuses on the image properly, it will quickly read the VIN. Once you've gotten the hang of it, you can scan almost any VIN in seconds!
Our driving force is to provide critical, real time decision making information to automobile dealers by taking advantage of the disruptive nature of broadband connected Smartphones and other media. This enables automobile dealers to instantly value a vehicle and receive a vehicle history while making a purchase decision at an auto auction or on a car lot.
Autoniq is an “aggregator” combining information from other services into a mobile web service including, but, not limted to:
• Pricing Guides: Black Book Daily®, NADA®, Kelley Blue Book® and Galves®
• Market Report: market reports from every major auction in the United States representing 96% of all vehicles auctioned
• CARFAX® and AutoCheck®: vehicle histories at the dealers fingertips utilizing dealers’ CARFAX and AutoCheck subscriptions