- Category: Education
- Released date: 07/19/2010
- Current Version: 1.31
- Seller: Guillaume Rizk
- Recommended Age: 4+
- Download Size: 579796
- Last Update: 07/22/2011
- Requirements: All
Turn your iPad/iPhone into a wind tunnel simulator !
Draw obstacles and watch the fluid flow around. Experiment with different sizes, shapes, aerodynamic profiles and see what happens !
Tap the blue button to bring application controls. Three segmented controls let you choose between :
• 4 touch actions : interact with the fluid, draw walls, insert smoke probe, use eraser tool.
• 4 visualization modes : particles, smoke, pressure field, velocity field.
• 2 simulation modes : wind tunnel (with adjustable wind speed), free mode (with no constrained wind).
New in version 1.3:
- Much more accurate fluid simulation engine.
- Visualization of velocity field, with this color scheme : black (fluid at rest), blue, red, yellow (highest speed).
- New preset models (try "swirl" !).
- Ability to change smoke color : in "interact" touch action and "smoke" mode, double tap on the smoke source, at the top of the screen
- Fixed bugs on boundary conditions.
New in version 1.2:
- Added support for older iphones and ipod touch (armv6)
- Minor bug fixes
- Added models of the "Lite" version
Fluid motion is computed by solving Navier-Stokes equations, at high definition ( 19000 grid cells on ipad ) thanks to a well-optimized code taking the most out of CPU performance.
Thank you all for your great comments.
Our demanding physics engine uses advanced processor features, the app runs best on iPad, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch 3rd generation and iPod 4. It will run on older devices but with lower resolution and frame rates !